Career Opportunities at Anglo-Chinese School (Independent)
ACS (Independent) invites highly motivated, committed and qualified candidates with a strong passion for teaching and pastoral care to be part of our dynamic, creative and innovative team.
Founded in 1886, ACS (Independent) strives to be a world class institution in nurturing the holistic development of our students. We are a Methodist institution with a strong foundation in spiritual values, a tradition of excellence and a global perspective. Every staff member contributes to provide a strong and caring learning environment and educational opportunities for each student.
An MOE and International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, ACS (Independent) offers two academic tracks: the four-year Express programme leading to the GCE "O" Levels Examination and the six-year Integrated Programme leading to the International Baccalaureate Programme Diploma. The school operates as a single session with an enrolment of 3,000 students (Years 1 – 4 (Boys); Year 5 & 6 (mixed)).
We believe in providing a positive environment for staff to grow and develop professionally, and value excellence, commitment, respect, integrity, creativity and teamwork.
Remuneration commensurates with qualifications and experience. To apply, please send your detailed resume with information on your current and expected remuneration and a recent photograph by post or email to:
Anglo-Chinese School (Independent)
121 Dover Road,
email: Ms Pearlyn Ang at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants and regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Teachers / Education Officers for the following subjects:
- Business & Management
- History/Social Studies
- Theory Of Knowledge
- English Language & Literature
- Mother Tongue – Chinese Language
- Physical Education
Qualified applicants who wish to be considered for teaching / relief teaching positions for other subjects may also deposit their resume with us.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
For academic appointments, candidates must possess a relevant qualification for the subject, or taught related subjects in local secondary schools and/or junior colleges. Other relevant teaching experience overseas may also be considered.
Relief Teachers for the following subjects
- Science / Physics
- Mother Tongue – Chinese Language
Interested candidates may email your resume to : email@example.com.
Reporting to members of school's Senior Administration, your responsibilities include:
- Handling of phone calls and enquires
- Managing the senior Administration diaries which includes schedules of meetings, appointments, invitations to function, lesson observation and file checking
- General correspondence which includes taking dictation, drafting letters etc
- Sorting and filing of correspondences, emails and faxes for Deputy Principal
- Standing in for other secretaries, when the need arises
- Handling fund-raising matters
- Supporting overseas education programme administration
- Supporting the administration of Odyssey of the Mind
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Senior Administration
You will be responsible for the preparation of reagents and apparatus for lessons and science practical assessments. You will also supervise the laboratory attendants in the management, operation, care and maintenance of the science laboratories in the school. School Laboratory Technician will report to the Deans of Science, Science Teachers and Laboratory Superintendent in the day-to-day running of the science laboratories and be assigned the following duties.
(I) Daily duties
- Assist in the setting up, erecting, clearing away and cleaning of laboratory apparatus.
- Replace broken glassware from stock and be responsible for all equipment used in the teaching of science
- Prepare stock solutions and replenish reagent bottles
- Maintain and supervise aquaria, vivaria, animal and plant experiments and livestock
- Maintain biological garden (School gardeners will help in the heavy manual chores)
- Unpack and check apparatus and chemicals
- Keep a stock book and breakage record and indicate necessary replacements
- Set up visuals aids and IT equipment used in the Science Department
- Manipulate and maintain visual aids, IT equipment including computers, notebooks, data-loggers and sensors used in the Science Department
- Assist students doing project work to locate and prepare apparatus and chemicals in the laboratory
- Be available to render assistance to teachers and students at all laboratory sessions
- Guide and supervise the work of Laboratory Attendants
- Perform any other duties as directed by Senior Admin, Deans of Sciences, Science Teachers and Laboratory Superintendent
(II) Weekly duties
- Clean and check balances and weight boxes
- Clean and check optical apparatus, eg: clean the lenses by using microscope cleaning tissues and a little xylene
- Check all First aid cabinets and replenish the First aid cabinets
- Inspect the gas and water systems and carry out necessary minor repairs and preventive measures
(III) Examination Duties
- Assist the Subject Supervisors, Laboratory Superintendent and the other examination personnel in preparing all apparatus, materials and chemicals for Science Practical Examinations, and be available to render assistance to other school laboratory technicians in setting up and preparation
- Inspect the gas and water systems and carry out necessary minor repairs and preventive measures to ensure the smooth running of the examinations
- Ensure the equipment, apparatus and chemicals are maintained or replenished and that back-ups are available
- Help the Subject Supervisors and Laboratory Superintendent to maintain the security and confidentiality of examination materials
- Check and lock the science laboratory doors before leaving
(IV) Duties during vacations
- Inspect gas and water taps
- Maintain bench tops, fittings and equipment
- Check the contents of cupboards and lockers
- Inspect and overhaul apparatus
- Overhauls chemical and biological stocks
- Prepare and update an inventory of stocks annually
- Perform any other duties that may be asked of you by the Senior Administration
- Other adhoc project assisted by Laboratory Superintendent.
The duties and responsibilities are subjected to change as and when deemed fit to the operation of the school activities and will be communicated to you if they occur.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to Senior Admin
- Supervise and participate in the preparation of various financial statements and reports including Operating and Capital budgets and monitoring of variances;
- Provide guidance and training to subordinates in their day to day function;
- Assist in supervision and support of the finance operations;
- Ensure that appropriate financial regulations and controls are in place and in use, supervise condemnation of fixed assets and arrange/administer insurance covers for pupils, staff and assets;
- Liaise with auditors, banker etc
Qualifications and Skills required:
- Degree/Masters in Accountancy or equivalent Professional Qualifications;
- Minimum 15 years' relevant experience and possess minimum 8 years' of supervisory skills;
- Excellent eye for detail, diligent knowledge of accounting regulations;
- Excellent analytical and financial skills & interpersonal and communications skills;
- Knowledge of ACCPAC system will be added advantage
Maintained by ACS (Independent) IT Department